I always make it a point of duty to watch AY’s blockbuster movies once they come out but this particular one stood out for me for so many reasons.
While the movie was going on, I was able to write down a couple business lessons which would be useful to every potential and existing business owner.
1. Pay attention to detail: Attention to detail is key in business. Your clients are watching you closely so ensure emails that are proofread, packaging is done professionally etc.
2. Promote your culture / background: Success in business means that you have a platform and the world is now watching. This gives you an opportunity to showcase your hometown and your country to the world in a positive light.
3. What is your mantra: In all his movies AY would always say “Warri no dey carry last” this keeps his going and makes him believe in what he is doing and achieve his goals and objectives as well as eliminate fear.
4. Perfection: In business, you need to aim for perfection. Do not settle for anything less. It is very normal for it not to end up being 100% as you envisioned but it definitely won’t be far from it. Use quality raw materials, packaging, service etc.
5. Consistency: We are certain that AY would produce a movie at least once every year allowing people prepare and look forward to it. Are you consistent with your material? This is very important when building your businesses and client base.
6. Tell your story: Success always has a trail. Everyone wants to know your success story how you got to where you are and how they too can become better. AY never fails to tell us his story therefore making the story easy to identify with.
7. Know what your market wants: In business, you need to know your market and what they want. When you know this, you will successfully create the right system and start making yourself some money. AY sells humor, love, action and Warri in all his movies. The question now is, what are you selling to your market?